When Is It The Time To See A Podiatrist?
A regular health checkup is a must for every individual today. It gives us a head start to any problem which we may face in future. It’s always better to be safe than sorry. And it is recommended to go for a podiatrist for better care of your foot, ankle and lower legs.
One of the most common issues we face in everyday life is foot pain and heel pain. Plantar fascia is the tissue that connects heel to the foot, supporting the arch. When this tissue is inflamed or irritated due to over work or running or standing for long, then one’s heel starts to pain. The ultimate solution of this problem in many cases is the plantar fasciitis treatment.
Another very effective treatment of foot is the ankle cartilage surgery in Singapore, also known as Ankle Arthroscopy. This surgery is done with the help of a fiber optics viewing camera by doing small incision in and around the ankle. For any type of treatment related to foot and ankle it is highly needed that you choose the right podiatrist.
When to see a podiatrist?
• Runners tend to get more foot injury than the normal people as their foot are under rigorous pressure. Hence they need regular checkups.
• Arthritis and even diabetes are one of the most common reasons for foot issues. There is a swelling, redness and stiffness in the ankle joints due to arthritis. In diabetes there may be a skin issues in foot or even infection. A regular foot checkup by a podiatrist is a must in diabetes to avoid risk of amputation.
• Heel pain may also be because of a bony growth on the heels known as heel spur or because of the inflammation of the tendon that connects the heels.
• Another reason to visit a podiatrist is the ingrown toenail. When a toenail grows into the skin it may cause infection.
• To treat sprained foot or broken bones one needs to visit a doctor. They can treat and heal with the help of flexible cast at times.
• Foot surgery or the ankle arthroscope is the treatment performed if there is a cartilage torn or bone chipped. Surgeries are also performed for bunions or ingrown toenails.
• Removal of corn and callus is another reason to visit a podiatrist. At times the excess thick skin may cause a lot of pain and it needs to be removed.
• Bunion is a swelling at the base of the toe, this happens because of the joint of the toe is out of place. A proper treatment is required if not the situation may get worse.
• Even the Athlete foot which is very persistent and doesn’t seem to go away easily needs proper attention of a doctor.